Thursday, July 21, 2005

New House

Mike (hubby) and I have moved on to our new property in Island Park, Idaho. We are very relieved to leave the tremendously hot weather in Three Forks behind. Our new place is at an elevation of about 6700 ft, and the weather has been very comfortable. Of course, we know it will be very cold in the winter, but the huge yearly snowfall is the real reason we moved here.

I have a lot of stuff to get out of storage still, but at least I am living full time in my new house. I love this house. It is a small log house that was built in 1981, and I think it is just beautiful. The wonderful wood decor on the inside of the house is a true feast to my eyes. The house has a full length loft upstairs, and I like looking out over the dogyard from an upstairs window.

For those who do not know us, Mike and I have been living in a travel trailer near Three Forks, Montana for the past four years. Three Forks gets hardly any snow, and there are no trails there, so we recently purchased a property in Island Park, Idaho, which has access right onto the snowmobile trail in the winter. As a bonus, the property also has a house! We sold the place in Three Forks and moved ourselves and our 58 dogs down to our own little paradise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home