Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Too Hot

Last week was cool enough to run all the dogs except the retirees, but this week has been blazing hot. Last night I waited until dark, and it was still above 70 degrees! Not normal here. Some of the new trees have dropped their leaves from the heat and continuous, dessicating winds. I think they are dead. Missing even one day of watering can be fatal. Tonight I went to a talk on fire ecology and climate changes, and it was very clear from the graphs and charts that we have entered a hotter, dryer epoch.

1 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

Hi Janet,
Thanks for stopping by. Our weather has been cool for most of August it seems to me....at least in the mornings and evenings. Eighties is my cup of tea. Seventies are lovely too. We've had intermittent rain since Thursday and I'm really tired of it now. It sounds a lot drier out there.
I can see how cooler weather would be better for running the dogs.
Glad you enjoyed seeing the cats :) You should see them 'race' to the barn for meals :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home