Friday, May 01, 2009

Making Socks

One of the things I have been doing this winter is making dog hair socks. These are so soft and warm, they feel absolutely decadent. I love to wear them while lounging around in the house


They are also amazingly warm for tromping around in the snow, but alas, the pure dog hair is not very durable. I have been experimenting with reinforcing the worst wear spots with a strand of wool, and so far I am pleased with the results.

If anyone would like to buy a pair of these luxurious socks, you can contact me at chugach at peoplepc dot com.

3 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger SusanE said...

Very cool... or warm in this case.

Do you spin the yarn yourself?

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Janet Whitesell said...

Yes, I spin the yarn myself. I can also spin yarn for anyone who wants to do the knitting themselves.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Betty said...

If you put a leather sole on these they would rival slipper socks sold anywhere!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home