Wednesday, November 02, 2005

New Month

Time has really flown by since I moved here. It seems there is barely enough time to get the normal chores done let alone all the stuff involved in settling in to a new house. Today I was so busy stacking firewood and fixing dog chains before the next wave of rain and snow hits, that I did not have time to run any dogs. Yesterday I ran Holly's puppies along with Robin and my favorite leaders Charge and Current. Previously I had been using Switch and Breaker (sisters to Charge and Current) to lead Holly's puppies, but Breaker was starting to show signs of stress about leading, so I decided to change the lineup a little.

The cows have all been removed from the pastures around here. They get moved every year to a less snowy spot for the winter. The barbed wire fences have also been laid on the ground so that snowmobilers cannot hook the wires with their skis. I noticed a green-treated fence post that has been lying all by itself along my trail, and I planned to pick it up on my way back to the yard, but as I was returning with the team, I plumb forgot and passed it by without thinking. If the predicted snow does not cover it, I will pick it up on my next training run. It may be useful for stringing a picket line or for snubbing off sleds.

There was no snow on the ground today, but snow is predicted overnight. It is raining while I am writing this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home