Friday, December 23, 2005

Icy Trail

It cooled down just enough overnight to cover everything with an icy glaze. All the holes where I punched through yesterday have been memorialized, like making a mold in concrete. Here is a picture of my dogyard, taken from an upstairs window, looking south. The trees in the far distance mark Island Park Village, a mile and a half away. The trail heads west from my property, so it is not visible in this picture.

I took a team for a 20 mile run today. I was planning to do the 15 mile Sawtelle loop, but I judged it to be too dangerous under these icy conditions, so I did the Stamp Meadow Trail instead. The dogs were crazy excited about the hard trail conditions and ran way too fast for my comfort. They were pelting me in the face with ice balls, kicked up by their feet. They had a great run, but I could hardly see the trail as I had to hold a hand up to protect my face. Next time I will remember to wear safety glasses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home