Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Warmer

Okay, it's not much warmer, but it is above zero. We got some more snow today, so the trails are covered, but it is the soft fluffy stuff that I can kick away from the gates, so it is not too much trouble yet. It sure was nice to have a dry week when I did not have to dig the gates out every few hours.

The trails are drifted, so I put my two steady leaders, Fresca and Luna, in front of the team to break trail. Because of the blowing snow, I took the day off from running my main teams, and I took out four youngsters instead. Thunder, Hail, Rain, and Foggy all loved the outing and did a good job of following my old leaders down a trail the youngsters had never seen before. We went six miles, and they were eager and happy the whole way.

The little puppies are getting some time outside since the weather warmed up. They are more comfortable with the cold each day. When they first went outside, they just shivered and looked lost. Now they play for quite a while before huddling up. The one who is least suited for the cold is Sox. She has a shorter coat and seems to get cold feet. Comet's puppies have thick, furry coats, like little Malamutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home