Tuesday, December 18, 2007

White, White, Everywhere

I look out my window and see nothing but white, except for my trees, dimly seen through the blowing snow. We have been getting a lot of snow and wind this week and last. The level in my yard is close to two feet now. This is the settled amount, not how much has actually fallen, which is probably closer to four feet.

Every morning I snowshoe out my path to the kennel, the path to the highway, and the path from the kennel to the snowmobile trail. This week I have found that these paths are completely drifted over after I have had my breakfast and gone back outside to actually use them. This year I have marked my paths with a few stakes so that I will know exactly where to step to stay on top of the packed surface underneath.

The good news is that I have made light work of keeping the dog houses lifted up on top of the snow. Lifting all the houses every other day, or even every three or four days, has been sufficient to keep them all above board, and the task is easy enough to complete in less than an hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home