Monday, November 24, 2008

Dog Food

I have noticed from reading other blogs that mushers like to post pictures of their truckloads of dog food. I guess this is supposed to impress non-musher-types with how much it takes to feed a working kennel. Back in October I got a delivery of two tons of dog food, some of which is still residing, neatly stacked, in the food shed. At that time, it was still possible to drive through the back yard to the shed door for unloading. In November we are normally snowed in, but this year we have all of one inch of snow on the ground.

To get you thinking ahead to when I will need to have more food delivered, I am showing you this picture from last year at a time when there was about two feet of snow on the ground.That was 100 bags of food (two tons), all transported from the drop off point to the shed on that black plastic sled by yours truly. That is why I love to fill the shed as much as possible before the snow flies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home