Saturday, February 21, 2009

Great Race

Sorry if those last posts sounded a little whiney. The Canadian Challenge is over for this year, and it looks like it was a great race, and I am truly sorry not to have been a part of it. Every single musher in the 12-dog class finished for the first time ever in the history of the race. The times were fairly fast, too, indicating ideal conditions.

Here is a typical scene between Prince Albert and La Ronge, Saskatchewan. Some of the trail runs in the ditch beside this highway. Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures of the lake running, which is really scenic, especially Lake La Ronge with its hundreds of islands. When I was racing, it was way too cold for a camera to function.


Here is a typical scene right after the race finish. (This was my handler from 2006.)

1 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Betty said...

I certainly missed tracking you on line this year. I'll bet it was hard to sit out!

Betty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home