Sunday, April 23, 2006

Quantum and Comet

Yesterday Quantum and Comet went to a new home. They are joining a recreational team in Colorado and will train the other team dogs and the next generation of leaders as well as training the musher (we hope). Comet is an excellent command leader in a small team situation, and Quantum is a very reliable leader who just needs a little work on commands.

Comet does not pull hard enough for me at fast speeds although she is a very fast dog, and Quantum is a little too slow for my team, so neither dog was getting much opportunity to run anymore. Every sled dog deserves to have the fun of running, so this new home is going to be really great for them.

I am going to miss them. Comet was on my 6th place Race To The Sky team in 2003, and she gave me two litters of puppies. In addition, she is a very sweet, affectionate, and beautiful dog. Quantum was from the first litter that I bred, and he ran in Race To The Sky with hubby Mike in 2004. He is a very playful, fun loving dog.

Here they are together after a run at my place. Comet is the alert looking black one, and Quantum is tasting the snow.

1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Wandering Spirit Kennels said...

Comet does look alot like Pingo--much longer legs though! I hope their new home works out for them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home