Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Meadowlark

I can never remember to take my camera with me anymore. I don't bother to take it in the winter because it just won't operate in the cold. So I looked through my files, and this was the only picture I could find of Meadowlark. It was taken a year ago while skijoring.

She is a tiny dog, probably 35 lbs, and she did so well skijoring that I thought she would make a great pet and recreational skijor dog. However, it is clear this year that she will soon be one of my main leaders. On our last run we went ten miles with a team of experienced two-year-olds. Meadowlark was pushing the pace in lead and was clearly the most outstanding dog in the team.

Meadowlark is half Siberian. Her father was our dearly-departed Ricky, who died in December. Her mother is Cloves, a pretty piebald who is a non-stop ball of energy and a sister to Cinnamon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home