Friday, August 19, 2005

Trees

It continued to rain and hail at intervals all night long. The rain is actually welcome because it helps to keep our little trees alive. Coming from a property that had no trees, I am very excited to actually own my own trees now! All the trees here were planted in a previously treeless grassland, so they need human intervention in the form of watering in order to thrive. The little ones are especially vulnerable, and we have found a number of dead aspens still being watered by the automatic sprinkler line. Whether they were not rooted well enough, or lacked water in a previous year, or never revived after the winter, we will never know. I counted the survivors, and we have eleven living aspen trees on the property. There are a lot more evergreens, so I have not counted all of them yet. I am looking forward to seeing the aspens change color this fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home