Saturday, September 03, 2005

Too Many Females

We like females here at Black Hole Kennels. We really do. They don't pee all over everything. They are easy to housebreak. They tend to be more responsive and compliant to commands. Most of our best leaders are females, and even our smallest ones are still tremendously strong. We would be happy with a team of all females. However ... this is the time of year when it seems like all the females in the yard are coming in to heat. For days on end I am rushing around checking everyone to see who needs to be moved into the bitch pen. There are 14 spots in the bitch pen, and I have never had more than 13 who were in heat at the same time. Still, the bitch pen is currently full, and there is only one dog in there that I would feel safe moving out. So only one more bitch is allowed to come into heat. I have three more bitches that could be coming into heat at any time, and there are two bitches who will be done with their season fairly soon, so I think I am okay. Nonetheless, it is a nerve-racking time, making sure that everyone stays "safe".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home