Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year


Since I took this picture, we have had another three feet of snow. I would take a new picture, but the snow continues to fall, so all I get are snowflakes and water droplets on the lens. The snow is now within one foot of the top of the five foot fence. All of the doghouses have to be dug out and lifted on top of the snow. I have a little more than half of them up now. It is exhausting work.

Today I gave up on digging out the south gate, and I lifted the dogs over the fence to take them for a run. I have increased my team size to eight dogs because I just don't have time to train enough dogs using teams of six. I got out around twilight and had a nice two hour run in the dark. It snowed the whole time but not so hard as to make it difficult to see. We scared up a moose early on in the run, and it ran down the trail ahead of us for nearly two miles before disappearing. We could only see it on long straightaways, and even though the team was loping at a good speed, we never drew any closer to the moose. It appeared to be trotting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home