Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Walnut

Last month, many of the females on my team came in to heat. Normally, I don't do anything different when running females in heat other than to avoid putting them next to an intact male. Well, one day I decided just for convenience to run a team of all females in heat. Unfortunately, Walnut got away from me as I was hooking the team up, and she zoomed around the dogyard and got tied with Quasar. I was really bummed. Walnut is one of my best young leaders, and I didn't like losing her from the team, and Quasar is her half brother, and this past year he started having seizures. So this is not a dog I want puppies from. In fact, all of Quasar's brothers had already been neutered for various reasons.

Today, Walnut went in to the vet to be spayed. Since we do not live near a vet, Mike had to make a long trip to take her in and then hang out and shop all day until she was ready to be picked up. They said she had seven little fetuses inside, so I am very, very, very glad we had her spayed. We do not need any more puppies! Here she is resting and recovering in a crate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home