Wednesday, April 11, 2007

End Of Season

I am extremely bummed out. My sledding season has been ended rather abruptly and prematurely. The county has plowed out the section of snowmobile trail that runs behind my property, and in doing so, they threw up a six foot high berm that totally blocks my access to the rest of the trail system. If they had not done that, I could have been training young dogs for another month. As it is now, I will have to wait for the snow to melt completely so that I can get the ATV out. I don't know how to explain to the dogs why I can't take them out anymore.

2 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger SusanE said...

any chance you could shovel it or plough it?

I dug the foundation for my house out with a shovel and wheel barrow... took awhile but it worked and was cheap. Granted spring is around the corner and there may not be time. LOL

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Janet Whitesell said...

Yeah, all sorts of thoughts went through my head when I saw that berm. I am not intimidated by manual labor, so I thought of shoveling but quickly abandoned that idea. When old, well-packed snow gets thrown up by a plow, the chunks are like concrete. Even a sharp shovel cannot make much of a dent. Then I thought of begging my neighbor with the front end loader to go rip the berm down. I would still have nearly a quarter mile of dirt to traverse on the plowed part, though, so I decided it was not worth it.

It turns out that spring has arrived faster than I thought, so I only missed two weeks on the sled, not a month. LOL. Most of my yard has melted already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home