Sunday, September 09, 2007

Summer Is Over

Goodbye summer; hello fall. It is not that I am unhappy to see the summer be over. I hate hot weather, and this year was the hottest ever. The irony, though, is that just as we are about to get a hard freeze (tonight), I spot the first blossom on my tomato plant.

This was one of the few plants in my garden that was not munched to the ground by voracious critters, and yet it grew so slowly that it has now run out of time for growing. So sad.

Those hot, sunny, T-shirt days of summer may have gone by, but usually there are some beautiful days in the fall as well. Here my husband Mike is enjoying the view from the bank of the Yellowstone River in Yellowstone Park. I expect at least a couple more weekends of picnic weather yet to come. (Translation: weather that is dry and warm enough to sit outside with ungloved hands.)


As a matter of fact, I have already gotten a good start on fall training with the dogs. I started the first week of August but was limited by the heat to two-mile runs. Now we are doing a five mile loop. Here is one team on the picket line, waiting to be hooked up for a run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home