Thursday, April 12, 2007

What To Do

What is a dog musher to do when she can't run dogs? Knit something from dog hair! Here is my latest creation, done on the spur of the moment because I am frustrated at not being able to get out on the trails.


This dog hair was collected from my pups five years ago. Some of those dogs who ran in my team this year are Current, Phase, Switch, Breaker, and Charge. Breaker contributed the black hair. The others are white.

My missing dog Voltage also contributed hair for these socks. There has not been a sighting of Voltage for several weeks now. At last report, a rancher had caught him in a coyote trap and took him back to his ranch house but then inexplicably let him go, apparently thinking he would be too weak to run away. Voltage took off at 25 mph into the hills and has not been seen since. The rancher said the harness was extremely loose on him because he had lost so much weight, so it seems unlikely that he would still be alive today.

2 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great socks Janet. Selwa

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Janet,

Please tell me what voltage looks like. My name is Kristi and we've had a black husky, brown on his face and legs with a white/blue eye and a brown eye hanging around our house in Great Falls, Montana for over a week. He decided to camp out. He wouldn't let anyone near him, but this morning I went out and sat on the front lawn, and he decided to trust me and come to me. Now he won't leave my side. He's a big boy, but looks like he's been on the run for months. He's very thin with a a colar on that's too big. When I first saw him lying in the field I noticed when he got up he was limping. His back leg was hurt somehow. I was just out petting him, and noticed that when he lays down, he whimpers a bit. That back leg is hurting him. This leads me to believe that maybe he's your dog, and his leg is hurt from the ranchers trap in Lincoln. I don't know, it's a long shot, but I'll send you a pic if the description sounds like Voltage. Please let me know either way. Thank you. Email: shalinazaira@aol.com, 406-899-2503 or 406-268-1905 (Kristi & Scott)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home