Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Sled Dog Seminar

I spent the weekend at a terrific sled dog seminar in Montana. I go to this seminar every year, and it always gets me fired up about training dogs. Lance Mackey, winner of the Yukon Quest, was one of the main speakers, and he was very down to earth with lots of pithy wisdom but also entertaining, with a great sense of humor. Doug Swingley, winner of four Iditarods, was also a speaker, and as usual, everything he said was a nugget of wisdom.

In addition to the informative talks, it is always nice to see old friends and converse with like-minded mushers. Some friends flew out from Maine for the third year, and it was great to see them again. Mike and I took the scenic way home, which was about 50 miles further but well worth it. We went through the Bitteroot valley, which I think is among the most scenic places in Montana.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home